Going to any site that sells equipment, many will see an abundance of choices according to many criteria with a huge price difference.
Computers are even positioned for gaming, study, and office.
How to understand what parameters you should pay attention to when choosing a new device.
You need to decide for what purposes the laptop will be used. You don’t need high parameters for studying, but definitely for games. If there is even the slightest chance that the device will play, choose a model with average performance.
It doesn’t matter – your work is related to boosting service wow, or you are an office worker or just a gamer. The selection of a laptop will be almost identical, with several small differences.
What you should pay attention to:
- Video card
- Storage disk
Now there are two main firms producing processors. AMD and Intel.
Processors are divided into generations, and the data processing speed depends on them.
The 3rd generation is enough for work; for games, it is worth looking towards the 5th generation and higher; otherwise, there will be minimal settings or FPS drawdown at best.
The speed of the laptop is more dependent on the RAM. Taking a model with at least 8 GB of RAM is recommended. Otherwise, you will wait a long time for programs to open, you will not be able to open many tabs in the browser, and you will see strong breaks in games. Ideally, take a model with 16 or 32 GB of RAM for games and work.
Video memory parameters directly affect the quality of the picture and the speed of its processing. In laptops, due to the limited space in the case, video cards are often installed on the motherboard, which cannot boast of strong power. For inexpensive models, they manage to install a stripped-down version for laptops, which will provide good performance, but the cost is high.
A good graphics card is essential for gaming.
There are basic types of the matrix that affect picture quality and color reproduction. The screen is one of the most expensive parts of a laptop, and its quality affects vision, general eye fatigue, and comfortable working time at the computer.
There are basic types of the matrix:
- TN – is the weakest and poorest quality matrix regarding color reproduction and eye comfort. The screen throws a shine at the slightest change in viewing angle, making it very difficult to see the picture. It is put in cheap and outdated versions of laptops.
- IPS – is the most common type of matrix for laptops, mid-range phones, and TVs. Good color rendition does not greatly distort the view when viewed from the side. It is not overpriced. You can find a good laptop with an IPS matrix at an average price without overpaying.
- OLED – is the brightest and richest matrix in terms of color, but the cost corresponds. It is installed in premium smartphones, TVs, and laptops.
Hard drives provide not only storage capacity but also the speed of their processing.
Choosing between hard drive and SSD. Always choose the latter. For work, the SSD is indispensable for games, too.
Due to the high data processing speed, even in inexpensive SSDs, the speed of loading Windows for work and loading maps and textures in games will be very fast and comfortable.
Having talked about each of the key parameters, now you can proceed to the choice of a laptop.
Key tips on how to buy a good device:
- The processor is not lower than 3, preferably 5 or 7 generations.
- Minimum 4 RAM, 8 is better, ideally 16-32 GB.
- The video card often comes integrated with the motherboard in the laptop. If the budget allows, it is better to choose a stripped-down version of the top graphics cards for laptops, like GTX 1650.
- Screen – Often, they try to put some kind of cheap element into the cheap and middle segment of laptops to save and match the cost. Often this is the screen. Do not choose a TH matrix unless there is not enough money for more expensive models. Take IPS – the most comfortable screen for the price and optimal picture. Take OLED if the budget is not limited.
- SSD or HDD – always take a laptop with an SSD or buy it separately. The difference in the increase in the speed of launching the OS and programs is too great to remain on old HDDs.