EGroupware is open-source enterprise software for business use. The software supports integrated project teams across and within organizational boundaries.
EGroupware Software – Complete Information
It comes with various modules like group calendars, address books, tasks and project management, time registration system, or email client.
It is written in PHP language with standard HTML/XHTML/CSS markup protocols for web distribution and doesn’t require the installation of any additional server components. Users will be able to use EGroupware with all browsers (like Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer 7+, Opera 9+, or Safari 2).
Also, it runs on Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X platform; EGroupware Mobile enables access to all data on the go even without synchronization of mobile phone databases.
It was published under EPL 1.0 (Eclipse Public License). EGroupWare has been continuously developed and maintained since 2000 and constantly enhanced by an international community of developers and users.
EGroupWare is a product of Equinix GmbH, Germany – Equinox invented EGroupware to provide simplified group collaboration for its employees.
Benefits Of EGroupWare Software
The benefits of EGroupWare software are vast. This article discusses the most important ones.
One excellent benefit of EGroupWare is its collaborative nature. The product uses a shared spreadsheet to host all relevant information about an email list or team, including emails, notes, tasks, calendars, and more.
With it being online, you don’t have to worry about losing any updates made when someone else is working on an email list or project with you at the same time! It also makes it easier for people who are not always physically present to take part in meetings or discussions. They can follow what’s happening from anywhere by checking the shared spreadsheet online whenever necessary.
EGroupWare software is one of the most valuable tools available for streamlining your organization’s processes. Also, users can use EGroupWare in groups, projects, churches, and even small businesses. EGroupWare has many benefits that set it apart from all other software packages.
Here are some of the top EGroupware benefits:
- EGroupWare Email Access EGroupWare allows you to access all your email lists within a single, easy-to-use interface. Email is highly critical for most organizations, and EGroupWare streamlines that process with an intuitive email management system.
- Task management Another great EGroupWare benefit is its robust task management system. EGroupWare’s task management system provides many advantages that are simply not available with other software solutions, including EGroupWare Project Management E E-groupware can also offer more advanced features, such as EGroupWare project management.
- It helps you stay on top of your projects by keeping all relevant information in one easy-to-use interface. EGroupWare E-mail Filtering E E-groupware provides Email filtering, which allows you to manage and control what information makes it to your inbox. E Email management is critical for organizations, and EGroupWare keeps email organized and efficient.
- EGroupWare Calendar Access E EGroupWare also provides calendar access that includes Email calendars. EGroupWare calendar filtering E Email filtering is critical for organizations that receive a lot of Emails. E EGroupWare does this by providing an intuitive interface to manage how Emails are filtered and organized.
- EGroupWare also provides calendar access that includes your Email calendars, project calendars, and more.
- EGroupWare database E E-groupware provides Email filtering, which allows you to manage and control what information makes it to your inbox. Email management is critical for organizations, and EGroupWare keeps email organized and efficient.
Increased Collaboration One excellent benefit of EGroupWare is its collaborative nature. The product uses a shared spreadsheet in order to host all relevant information about an email list or team, including emails, notes, tasks, calendars, and more.
Demerits Of EGroupWare Software
When EGroupWare first came out it was all the rave because it was free groupware. However, EGroupWare is now ancient and behind Microsoft Outlook in terms of features, security, and more.
EGroupWare does not have a mobile app for the phone, and EGroupWare is only an Email client and Calendar program with some basic file sharing abilities. Egroupware has no good reporting or task management tools that most businesses require to be able to manage employees.
It is not suitable for groups over 20 people mainly because it takes a really long time for Emails to send and receive in Egroupware vs Microsoft Outlook which takes seconds. If you are looking for groupware that will meet the needs of your business EGroupWare is not going to cut it. This software is good for Email and Calendar access but not much else. Egroupware does not have any other modules like reporting or task management so Egroupware is only good for Emails and Calendars.